When it comes to choosing someone to be your chiropractor in Smithtown or Selden it can be difficult. It’s important to choose someone that is knowledgeable, honest and that you trust. It is our belief that educating our patients is a very important part of their health care. In this article we have provided with you some basic information about chiropractic to help understand what doctors of chiropractic do. If you have any further questions our chiropractic team at Block Chiropractic Sports & Wellness is here to help.
Most people think that a chiropractor pops, cracks or snaps back pain away, but there is so much more to the profession. In 1895 the first chiropractic adjustment was delivered when a man that had lost hearing in one ear. Following the adjustment his hearing was restored. The founder of chiropractic, DD Palmer believed that by removing a subluxation many conditions could be helped. Through the science of chiropractic, passionate doctors are setting out to improve the health of millions without interfering with the body’s natural processes.
Chiropractic is a type of health care that works with the nervous system as well as the musculoskeletal system. Doctors of chiropractic are trained to diagnose and treat injuries and disorders that involve the nervous system, muscles and bones. Chiropractors in Smithtown or Selden work directly with the spine to remove any interference that may be preventing the body to heal itself and to restore natural processes within the body. Like all other areas in health care, new patients will undergo a consultation that involves reviewing past and current health conditions, medications and surgeries as well as a physical examination. It is common to take x-rays in order to further establish the cause of pain and make sure there is no underlying condition which can only be found on an x-ray. Once this process is completed, the doctor will use all of the information to establish a diagnosis and create an individualized treatment plan.
With Special Training in:
- Chiropractic Biophysics to correct your spine and posture
- Cox Flexion / Distraction Decompression to treat disc injuries & pinched nerves
- Active Release Technique to treat your muscle and tendon injuries
- Take Shape for Life to lose 2-7 lbs per week
- Graston Technique an instrument assisted soft tissue manipulation
Block Chiropractic Sports & Wellness of Smithtown and Selden:
OUR GOAL FOR YOU:
- Regain health, strength, endurance, energy and normal body weight
- Let the LIU Post, Dowling College, Queens College Knights and SUNY Stonybrook team chiropractors guide you with your journey!
- We will use our 21 years of experience to design a program to meet your health goals
“Let us be your building BLOCKS to better health!”